Download the NHS App
- To access your medical records
- To manage your prescriptions
- To message your practice
CORONAVIRUS - COVID-19 Information
If you have suffered from Coronavirus, you may find this information helpful.
The link below will take you to a Post COVID-19 Patient Information Pack produced by Oxford Health which covers the following:
- Ways you might feel
- How to aid recovery
- Managing your symptoms
What you can do to protect yourself AND NHS STAFF
Follow the latest government guidance. Click on the relevant links below:
GOV.UK - CORONAVIRUS This site has the answers to lots of other questions that you may have.
PUBLIC HEALTH ENGLAND ADVICE This site has an easy to follow guide on how to keep yourself and others safe
PATIENT LOCAL SERVICES INFORMATION LEAFLET
We have put information about local services that may be able to provide you with further support.
IF YOU HAVE CALLED 111 AND THEY HAVE ADVISED YOU TO SPEAK TO YOUR GP PRACTICE,
PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE SURGERY, CALL THE PRACTICE AND WE WILL ASSIST YOU AS BEST AS WE POSSIBLY CAN.
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT NHS STAFF DO NOT BECOME ILL OTHERWISE THERE WILL HAVE NO ONE TO LOOK AFTER YOU AND GIVE YOU MEDICAL TREATMENT IF YOU ARE ILL.
If you’re thinking of calling your GP surgery please remember this:
- We can’t do prescriptions early or give you more just in case - the pharmacies are struggling already, you don't want the pharmacies to be like the supermarkets.
- We can’t give you an inhaler even though you had one 5 years ago when you had a bad cough - just in case - I know it’s scary but lots of people really really need these inhalers and if you get one just in case they might not be able to get one that they really need!
- We cant give you paracetamol on prescription just because you cant buy it over the counter.
- We can’t advise you whether you should or shouldn’t self isolate if you are at risk, we have a considerable number of patients - please follow the guidance I know it’s not perfect but we don’t have anything else we can tell you.
- If you are due to have a routine appointment and we tell you it’s cancelled, try and understand the unprecedented strain we are trying to get through
Please don’t shout at your GP staff when they can’t do these things because remember we will still make sure you get the medication you NEED and we will still provide the best possible care - over the phone or Face to face if absolutely necessary! Every single person who sets foot in a healthcare setting from now on, is sadly entering a high risk environment, why would you put yourself at risk?
Remember all NHS staff are doing this to help keep you safe.
We need our Patient Care Coordinators to stay well so that they can support our clinical teams to do their work. We work as a TEAM.
- HEALTHCARE ASSISTANTS
- CLINICAL PHARMACISTS
- PATIENT CARE COORDINATORS
WE ALL HAVE OUR PART IN MAKING THE WHOLE SYSTEM WORK.
In order to do this, we are trying to set up systems so that our staff can work remotely from home. If you are ill and need to speak to a GP or Nurse, then fill in an online form or call us and we will get someone to contact you/call you back as soon as possible.
PLEASE BARE WITH OUT STAFF, THEY ARE WORKING THIER HARDEST TRYING TO DO THE BEST THAT THEY CAN IN VERY DIFFICULT CIRCUMSTANCES.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION AND UNDERSTANDING